7 Things I Love About Fall
- Walking around my neighborhood and taking pictures of all of the houses decorated for fall. I’ll have to post a photo roundup soon, because the homes in Georgetown know how to make Halloween look classy. No inflatables here, just tons of pretty pumpkins!
- Pumpkin-flavored everything (ok, maybe not everything). Call me basic, but I’m a fan. True story: when I was in college, I rarely got off campus and once spent an entire week looking forward to the PSL I would be able to get at the airport Starbucks when I flew home that weekend. I don’t buy PSLs that often anymore (regular coffee with a bit of pumpkin spice creamer will usually do it for me), but I finally tried the iced version the other day and omg, it rocked.
- Halloween. I’ll admit that I was one of those kids who went trick-or-treating until I was wayyyy too old, but now I enjoy dressing up and going out to a bar with friends, and I also completely look forward to handing out candy on my front stoop. Here’s to hoping there will be plenty of trick-or-treaters in my new neighborhood!
- Seasonal beers. If you like Angry Orchard, you have to try the cinnamon flavor. Sure, it tastes a bit like fireball, but it’s so fall-like and festive that I have to recommend it!
- Riding boots. I wear my boots to the ground no matter what the season, but in the fall you can wear boots without worrying about getting them scuffed up from snow and ice (and without worrying about slipping on ice…but maybe that’s just me!).
- Thanksgiving. Whether it’s a big group or a small family gathering, I love everything about Thanksgiving — the food, festivities, family reunions…bring it on!
- Apple cider. It used to gross me out since I don’t like apple juice, but I just picked up the yummiest carton at a farmer’s market the other day and am hooked! Hoping to whip up Katie’s apple cider sangria recipe once I have a new carton on hand!