I hope everyone is gearing up for a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Here is what I’ll be enjoying this weekend (in addition to family, friends, sleep, and FOOD!).
1) Gilmore Girls. Lots and lots of Gilmore Girls. #TeamLogan all the way, but mostly I can’t wait to catch up with Rory and Lorelai and see what on earth has been going on in Stars Hallow and beyond for the past 9+ years…I’ve read quite a few plot theories online and am curious to see what actually happens!
2) Pizza. As if food wasn’t a big enough part of the weekend already…my sister and I plan to make a homemade pizza for our GG marathon on Friday night. Bring on the cheese, please!
3) Christmas music. I started listening to it last night and although it’s a bit early, I feel like it’s starting to be socially acceptable to crank up my Pandora station now that it’s nearly December 😉
4) Reading. I love reading for fun and picked up a lighthearted book that got good reviews. Hopefully I’ll finish more than one book over the course of the weekend (I guess it’ll depend on how long it takes us to power our way through Gilmore Girls!).
File this away for when you’re feeling lazy, ladies. That’s right, this is a list of gifts that you can order on Amazon Prime (which sells more than just textbooks and toilet paper) meaning that these items will arrive on your doorstep just two days after you click “purchase!” Whether you have a last minute holiday party coming up and need to find the perfect hostess gift, or you want to check a few items off your list in advance, this is the shopping guide for you!
1) At only $14, this mug is a no-brainer! Any girl on the go will appreciate having a cute way to transport her morning coffee.
2) Even super popular Rifle Paper products can be purchased via Prime! This $18 calendar is just one of many adorable options. Bonus: the calendar images are awesome for framing later on.
3) A book or two is never a bad gift idea. I’m excited to crack open this one.
4) Kate Spade earrings will let her ring in the new year with style.
5) Classy and classic, Le Creuset cookware is always in style. Though it’s a high-end brand, this set of bowls retails for only $21.
6) Why head to the drugstore when you can purchase Essie polish on the computer? This holiday sampler makes for a great stocking stuffer.
7) Any party hostess will surely be thrilled to receive this gorgeous gift.
Finding an ideal going out bag can be tough. You obviously want to look stylish and it’s nice to have an option that matches a bunch of different pieces, but is it really worth dropping $$$ on something that will likely get suffer spills and be tossed on sticky bar counters (I’m looking at you, oh-so-beautiful Tory Burch crossbody)?
Lately a bunch of my friends have been gravitating toward wristlets or clutches rather than crossbodys, and I have to say, I’m kind of getting into this look! There are so many cute, affordable options out there that I may have to follow suit… 😉 And guess what store has too many adorable options to count? T.J. Maxx, of all places! Take a look at the roundup above and let me know which is your favorite one! I spotted a similar clutch with a charging component in Francesca’s the other day and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Yes, it’s basically the same concept as sticking a portable charger in your bag, but the built-in element makes it impossible to forget to grab this handy little piece before going out. Oh, technology, you just get better and better…
Feeling a little uninspired at the grocery store lately? I get it. Now that pumpkin spice season has come and gone and you’ve tried basically every appetizing pumpkin-based product on the Trader Joe’s shelves, it’s time to find some new options…I’ve got you covered with the below ideas!
Clementines. Even the smell reminds me of winter. Clementines are perfect because 1) they’re almost always juicy (unlike oranges, which can sometimes be kind of dry) and 2) they’re super portable if you want to tote a few (or five) in your work bag for an afternoon snack.
Carrot chips and guac. Love guac but feel guilty binging on chips? I’m with ya. I spotted a bag of carrot chips at Whole Foods the other day and thought they’d be perfect for dipping (or, you know, regular carrots will do the trick too, but I like the texture on these).
Brussels sprouts. Why spend the $ on getting them in your salad at Sweetgreen if you can make them at home? (Ok, they taste way better at Sweetgreen, but they’re totally in season right now and easy to roast in your own oven). They make the perfect addition to any dinner.
Cheese cubes. So what if they remind you of kindergarten just a bit…cheese cubes are delicious, pre-cut, and great for entertaining. I picked up a small container of cheddar cubes the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find that they were cheaper than buying a whole block of cheese (sometimes they can be a bit expensive, so check the price before you buy!). Yummy and filling for a quick snack.
Halo Top. I know it isn’t really ice cream season, but I think we can all agree that it’s always an ok time for Halo Top. You’ve probably spotted the cute jars all over Instagram, but if you haven’t, here’s the, uh, scoop. At only 300 calories or so per pint, this super trendy ice cream won’t ruin your post-holiday (or pre-holiday!) diet.
What’s on your shopping list? I’m always up for suggestions.
One of my friends moved to a new apartment this summer and has been looking for a queen-sized headboard. I honestly was shocked how expensive headboards were when I was first looking and was excited to find mine at Target. It was still expensive in my opinion, but compared to all of the $$$ ones out there, many people would consider it a good deal. It’s held up really well and matches with lots of different types of decor and color schemes (I would know since I redecorate all the time! But I’ve also seen it in many different rooms on various blogs and on Pinterest). I actually can’t find the link to the exact product, so it’s possible it’s been discontinued, but the image above is exactly what mine looks like.
Since I purchased mine about a year and a half ago, I’ve spotted several cute options both on Craigslist and other websites (World Market has some adorable–although expensive–options, for one). I thought I would do a little roundup below in case anyone else is looking for a cute headboard without breaking the bank. Let me know which one is your favorite or if you have any shopping tips. I know people who have made their own headboards with cute fabric, but from what I can tell, it sounds like a lot of work!
Growing up, I hated wearing winter hats. My hair always got staticky, the hat never looked exactly right, etc, etc. But lately, I’ve been loving the pom pom hat trend and had to round up a few of my favorites. Honestly, you can’t go wrong wearing any of these options this winter! Who says you can’t stay warm and look stylish?
With the holidays approaching means more party invites and more entertaining at home!
I love decorating and re-decorating my bar cart shelves. Right when it looks all finished, I stumble upon more cute glassware (seriously, even Target has been killing it with their glasses lately!) or find another accent or two to add and start decorating all over again. Whoops. I also can’t get enough of fun entertaining pieces like cute marble cutting boards and copper baskets.
Whether you’re decorating from scratch or just adding in an update or two, here are my fave bar cart accessories.
1) You honestly can’t have too many prints above your cart.
2) Coasters are always a must, but designs that reflect the holiday season are even better!
No inflatable Santas here! These home decor pieces will knock your socks stockings off.
1) You can’t go wrong with anything deer-themed (and no, for once I’m not talking about the Snapchat filter). Whether you hang up some fun antlers or add a cute candle holder or two, this holiday (or really year-round) trend is a winner. (Wall hanging, candle holder)
Caught up with two of my best friends from college who were in town visiting…
Went on a ghost tour by the White House at night…
Started teaching myself more of Photoshop…
Watched too many episodes of The Mindy Project, my latest obsession…
Didn’t get quite enough sleep but enjoyed staying up until 2 am catching up with friends. I know NYC is cool and all, but you guys can move down here now!
What did you do?
Oh, and a few links for you:
Loved this article about doing things alone. A few of my friends travel for work and have recently discovered the joy of eating dinner solo.
This piece on what to look for when shopping at estate sales had my name all over it!
As if you need more home inspo….I spent too much time checking out each of these Instagram accounts and can’t pick a favorite. These ladies are too talented!
…but mainly I’ve been reading about the election this week. Not necessarily something to dive into right here and right now, but I’ll admit that most of my TV watching and article reading has been related to that. I am glad that I got out there to vote (even if it meant taking 2.5 hours out of my way, it was worth it to play a part in the democratic process), and I’ve engaged in a lot of impactful conversations these past few days. After an emotional week, it was nice to catch up with old friends and think about more positive things.