I know we’re all busy people here…but just in case you find yourself with a spare hour or two (ha!), here are a few fun things to try, courtesy of good old Pinterest. Do them this week or save them for later…cold, dark fall/winter nights = tons of time to get stuff done around the house, right?
1) If you have a lazy weekend morning, scour Craigslist, Goodwill, or even the sale section of Target for a rattan bar cart that’s in need of a bit of a makeover…then paint it bright blue or another fun color, as seen in this tutorial! I’m absolutely in love with how the finished piece turned out and would love to recreate this look. I still need to find a good space to spray paint in my new place…maybe on the roof, but I’m skeptical. My last apartment had a big outdoor area by the trashcans (so glam, I know) where I could lay down newspaper for smaller projects, but I always did bigger things at my parents’ house!
2) Master the art of the perfect cheeseboard using items from Trader Joe’s! I’ve always wanted to lay out a perfect-looking setup, but it never really happens….Although everything always tastes good, so I guess that’s all that matters… 😉
3) Explore a new cafe or bakery, then bring treats home for your roomies/family/significant other. I’ve recently discovered Bakeshop, which is conveniently located right near my spin class, and yes, I’ve already tried a Nutella macaron, their banana pudding (yum), and a chai tea latte…oops!
4) Use items you already have to make a pretty home display. Hang your straw hats on the wall, get a nice silk scarf professionally framed, or display old family photos to make your space both meaningful and vintage-y.
5) Make a reservation (or plan a road trip) to try the best brunch in your state (DC, where you at?!).