Happy Wednesday! I can’t believe Thanksgiving is a little over a week away. Where did November go?! I’m excited to lounge around at home and eat lots of good food (the best part is the leftovers, in my opinion. Turkey + cranberry sandwiches + a little bit of stuffing on the side + a pickle? Done deal).
Speaking of food…here’s my first Pinteresty thing to try:
1) Make your own Chex Mix. Homemade Chex Mix is SO good. My mom would make it a ton when we were growing up, and a friend’s mom recently made pumpkin spice Chex Mix for Halloween and gave me a little bag…omg. It was gone within a few hours! This recipe looks delicious and is one I’ll be pinning and filing away for sure!
2) Figure out a new weekday breakfast (when you actually have some time off and aren’t rushing around at 7 am!). I’m often really bad at eating at home (too sleepy!) and end up having some type of bar at my desk. If I do have time before I leave, I usually make myself an English muffin with peanut butter, but I’ve been wanting to try whipping up some overnight oats.
3) Book a weekend trip for this winter. I still need to make it up to NYC again (and I’d love to go up before the holidays are over, because it’s so gorgeous with all of the decorations and lights). However, a cozy getaway to somewhere quiet doesn’t sound bad either…
4) Start a collection and stick to it. I love how all of these matchbooks look displayed and want to collect my own. Or you could go in a different direction and look for something like vintage barware, which is always fun to find and set out (especially if you’re entertaining in the coming weeks!).
5) Have a spa day at home (or just take a long bath and sit down and actually read that book you’ve been meaning to start). Honestly, the little things like this can really help during what can be an exciting (but stressful) time of year!