What’s better than some online shopping on a lazy Sunday? It’s not as if you need an excuse, but if you do…Nordstrom’s winter sale ends TODAY, and there are tons of cute items marked down! I’ve rounded up my favorite items that are either on sale or are full price but still a good deal. Sign me up for one of each?
1) I don’t have pierced ears because I have a metal allergy (boo!) but these tassel earrings are the cutest and would make a great gift!
2) I have this print and absolutely love it. If you love all things cheeky and sassy, it’s the perfect addition to your gallery wall.
3) This bag would be perfect to use every day to carry work or school supplies, and it’s also roomy enough for travel. Nothing like a good classic!
4) Cooking becomes more fun with a preppy apron. Would be a wonderful gift for mother’s day or even for a wedding!
5) A monogrammed tray is always a fun staple. This one would be a great hostess gift.
6) Valentine’s Day may be over, but this pillow can make a statement all year long. How sweet would it be in a nursery?
Need a gift for the funny girl in your life? I’m still super pleased with one of the Christmas presents I put together for my sister–she loved it! With Valentine’s Day coming up, this would be an adorable gift to give to your BFF (or anyone else who is the Amy Poehler to your Tina Fey!).
I had long seen this card during my (very frequent) trips to Paper Source, and I always thought it was hilarious. I love both Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but my sister, an avid SNL watcher, is an even bigger fan of the duo. When it came time to think of Christmas gift ideas, I had the perfect idea–why not give her a copy of each comedian’s book and pair it with the card? Creative, personal, budget-friendly, and easy to transport = the perfect gift in my opinion!
My sister has already started reading through Tina’s book, and I’ve read both before–go check them out from the library ASAP if you haven’t read them yet!
If the funny girl in your life isn’t a huge reader, you could alternatively pair the card with a Sisters DVD (kind of kicking myself for not thinking of that idea earlier!). Or, honestly, the card itself would look adorable in a frame. I’m all about keeping cards on display, and this one would definitely be a conversation starter!
I had fun sharing some of my favorite things in my last “Loving Lately” post, so I’m back with round two!
1. It’s 5 O’Clock Somewhere Coloring Book//The title of this adult coloring book made me laugh, and at $7.99, it makes a clever gift, too!
2. White Frame//I ordered a few framed Instagram prints from Framebridge this fall and love them, but I recently realized that I could re-create the look for less buy purchasing a similar-looking frame on Amazon and popping in a photo by hand. I’m liking how this one looks, but just search “square frame” and you’ll find a ton of options.
3. Be My Guest Tray//I love the quirky look of this tray and it would look adorable on a coffee table or bar cart.
4. Essie Gel Polish//I’ve actually never had a gel manicure (!) but I’m intrigued by these new Essie bottles.
5. Small Admissions//I can’t wait to read this book (waiting for the Amazon price to go down a bit, though!) since I also work at a private school and have worked in admissions in other settings in the past. It’s gotten great reviews, too!
Summer may be nowhere in sight, but that doesn’t mean that winter days have to be completely dreary. I’ve spotted such adorable beach-themed home decor lately, and the fun prints and bright colors are sure to brighten up the most blah winter days. I purchased the beachy print pictured here from TJ Maxx because it reminded me of Gray Malin’s work (with a much more manageable price tag!). It’s currently hanging in my living room, but at the rate I move things around, who knows where it will end up next 😉
Beach print//Anchor plaque//Flamingo tote//Striped tote//Nautical sheets//Beaches book
Ok, I hate to say it, but the holiday season is winding down. Sad face. However, we still have several months of winter upon us (depending on where you live, this may or may not be a cause for tears).
The good news is that there are plenty of post-holiday sales going on right now, and even though many “Christmas-y” items are discounted, there are many winter-themed products on sale that you can still use into January and February. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite picks below, and while they may be slightly more fun to use while getting into the Christmas spirit, they’re bound to make dreary winter days suck a bit less.
Nest candle//Pillow//Plate//Scarf//Cheers print
I’m back with more fun, affordable finds–snatch ’em up before they’re gone!
Necklace//Crossbody//Boots//Sandals//Ruffle Top//Happy sign